TONY BENNELL ENTERTAINMENT AGENCY
(hereinafter referred to as TONY BENNELL AGENCY)
TERMS OF BUSINESS
Where TONY BENNELL ENTERTAINMENT AGENCY is acting as an Employment Agency. The vast majority of bookings will be made with TONY BENNELL AGENCY acting as an employment agency although we may act as an Employment Business (for which separate Terms of Business will be supplied) - all contracts will clearly identify in which way we are operating
1) When acting as an Employment Agency, TONY BENNELL AGENCY acts as negotiator only and is not a party of the contract. For this reason we cannot accept responsibility for non-fulfilment or breach of any such contract, but every reasonable safeguard is assured. Wherever possible in such cases, we will replace the entertainer with one of similar price and quality. If unable to provide an acceptable alternative, all monies held by TONY BENNELL AGENCY on behalf of the hirer shall be refunded immediately on request. In the event of circumstances such as illness, change of personnel or for any other reason, entertainers may substitute regular members of the band or act with a competent replacement without notice or compensation. No reduction in agreed fees will apply.
2) When acting as an Employment Agency, TONY BENNELL AGENCY charges a fee equivalent to an agreed percentage of the contracted fee receivable by the Entertainer. The agreed total cost and deposit amount owed may change with any alterations agreed by both the Client and Artist.
3) Should you (the hirer) wish to cancel a booking you agree to be bound by the scale of charges detailed below. Cancellations must be notified in writing and by recorded delivery. In the event of cancellation by the hirer the following fees will apply:
0-30 days 100% 31-60 days 75% 61-90 days 60% 91+ days Reservation Fee (VAT is not payable on cancellation fees)
4) In most cases we require a reservation fee to book entertainment. Reservation and support fees are non-refundable, except when an engagement is cancelled by the artiste (see 1) in which case all reservation fees will be repaid in full.
5) The balance is due 1 calendar month prior to the event, unless otherwise stated.
6) In order to ensure that there are no non-appearances or let downs, all verbal agreements are confirmed by the signing of a written contract. In the event of very short notice bookings, the written contract may be sent after the event for your records. Failure to sign contracts does not constitute cancellation and all verbal agreements will remain in force.
7) Any contract negotiated through this agency shall be subject to these Terms of Business unless otherwise agreed in writing between all concerned parties.
8) No servant or agent of this agency has the power to vary these terms and conditions.
9) The hirer is to provide a suitable performing area. Unless otherwise agreed the hirer must provide an electrical supply meeting, or exceeding British Standards where electrical equipment is to be used as part of a performance. Where the entertainer is expected to wear stage clothing the hirer must provide adequate dressing room facilities, toilets are unacceptable and may result in the entertainer performing in casual dress.
10) The hirer agrees not to approach the entertainer directly to engage for further bookings, but that all future bookings are made through TONY BENNELL AGENCY, except where future bookings are to take place in excess of 18 months from the initial performance date.
11) All Artistes are advised to carry Public Liability Insurance (PLI) and, where applicable, to have their equipment PAT certified. You should please stipulate whether Artiste(s) PLI is a necessity for any engagement. We would also similarly expect you to carry appropriate PLI cover & to ensure that all electricity supply points are regularly checked and are safe for use by the Artiste(s). (If you are hiring a venue, then you should seek such assurances from the venue management).
12) If payment is being made to us (Tony Bennell Entertainments) for Artistes' fees, then cheques in settlement of such monies should be made payable to "Tony Bennell Entertainments". For BACS purposes: Bank Sort Code 09-06-66 Account No: 40729243. If it is agreed that you will be paying the Artiste(s) direct on the day of the performance (or as agreed where multiple performances are booked), the person to whom payment should be made will be named on the documentation. The real name of the Artiste(s) will, in any case, appear on confirmations / contracts.